Happy soup and sweater season! I made a big pot of chili this past weekend (so good!), and I can’t wait to light our first fall fire. As the leaves change colors and a crisp breeze fills the air, I love having our doors and windows open and cozy blankets all around. It’s such a beautiful time of year.
In concert with the season, here are a handful of ideas to consider when transitioning your home for the milder months:
1. Earthy Color Palettes: This fall, muted earthy tones like warm terracottas, creamy whites, deep forest greens, and rich browns take center stage. These colors evoke a sense of nature and create a calming and inviting atmosphere.
2. Textured Fabrics: Soft, plush fabrics like velvet, bouclé, and chunky knits are the way to go. These textures add depth and warmth to your space while also providing a sense of comfort.
3. Cozy Nooks: Create a cozy reading corner or relaxation zone with an oversized chair, foot stool, and plenty of pillows. These inviting nooks are perfect for unwinding with a good book and a glass of red wine.
4. Fall Branches: A vase of oversized branches are the flower bouquets of fall. The best part? You can likely forage some funky and cool branches right in your own backyard. Whether faux or natural, I learn towards stems with deep reds, oranges, or plum purples this time of year.
5. Layered Lighting: Use a combination of ambient, task, and accent lighting to create a warm and inviting environment. Pendant lights, table lamps, and candles can all play a role in achieving a cozy, layered effect.
Last but not least, pop your favorite pumpkin treat into the oven and turn on some football to complete the vibe. Need more design inspiration or want to shop my favorite fall finds? Head over to my LTK to get all of my must-haves for this season!