Hey friends! Jason and I are celebrating our ten-year wedding anniversary this week, and I can hardly believe it has already been a decade! We got married in Alys Beach and love going back for a little getaway each year around this time. I thought it would be fun to put together a list of our favorite places to go and things to do, so if you’re planning a summer vacation to this very special area of 30A, we’ve got you covered!
Where to Eat:
When it comes to food, there are plenty of great options. Here are a few of our current favorites:
1. The Citizen: Seafood is a must when you’re on a beach vacation! Located in Alys, The Citizen has a fun and lively atmosphere and is known for its oyster bar. Given its popularity, you may have to wait for a table. If so, head next door to the tasting room at NEAT, and grab a craft cocktail and charcuterie board in the meantime!
(Photo courtesy of The Citizen)
2. George's: We can’t take a trip to Rosemary without having lunch at George’s. Sitting outside in the courtyard with a chilled glass of wine - ugh, it’s the best! My favorite thing on the menu is the sesame crab and avocado salad. Close seconds - salmon BLT wrap and the lobster quesadilla.
(Photo courtesy of George's)
3. Pescado: If you're looking for a rooftop view like no other, make sure to reserve a table at Pescado well in advance. The view from the rooftop is truly breathtaking. Dinner and a sunset - what could be better?
(Photo courtesy of Pescado)
4. Havana Beach Bar & Grill: This restaurant is located in The Pearl, and it's great for any meal - brunch, lunch, dinner - you name it, we’ve had it, and it’s always fantastic. Had the avocado toast for brunch last time we were there. So good!
5. Amavida: The go-to café in Rosemary for morning coffee.
6. La Crema: If you're ready for a little mid-day break from the beach and want to enjoy some light-bite tapas and fresh sangria, La Crema is the answer. Fish tacos? Yes please!
(Photo courtesy of La Crema)
Where to Stay:
Both 360 Blue and 30A Escapes are our go-to rental agencies. Their properties are nicely furnished, and they have excellent customer service. If you're looking for a property owned and furnished by interior designers, here are a couple of options:
1. Linen & Flax Cottage: Located in Rosemary Beach and owned by Linen & Flax, this lovely home has everything you need for a stylish and comfortable vacation.
(Photos courtesy of Linen & Flax Cottage)
2. The Salty Rose: Owned by the uber talented Kate Marker of Kate Marker Interiors, this beautifully designed space is perfect for a relaxing getaway.
(Photos courtesy of The Salty Rose)
Things to Do:
1. Beach: Of course, the main attraction is the beach itself. The sand is white and the water is clear - it's the perfect place to spend a day lounging in the sun.
2. Shopping: There are lots of little shops in both towns, but if you're looking for something special, we highly recommend SummerStory in Alys Beach. It's a beautiful home decor and gift studio.
3. Take a Drive Down Scenic Hwy 30A: This beautiful drive through quaint beach towns is not to be missed.
4. Watch the Calendar: There are plenty of events that happen throughout the year in both Rosemary and Alys Beach. Two of our favorites are Digital Graffiti and the 30A Wine Festival. I personally find it so fun to plan a trip around one of their many well-done events!
(Photo courtesy of Alys Beach)
5. Bikes, Walk/Run: Biking is a great way to get around both towns, and a morning walk or run is the perfect way to start your day.
6. Farmer's Market: If you happen to be in Rosemary Beach on a Sunday, make sure to check out the farmer's market. It's a great place to pick up fresh produce, seafood, and other local goodies.
This list only scratches the surface of things to do and see in Rosemary and Alys. If you have a favorite spot along 30A we didn’t mention here, let us know in the comments. Happy summer vacation planning!